Pregnancy is a time that is unmatched, each pregnancy is different, each experience is unique, but each one is special and we want everything to go well with us and our baby. Water is an important resource in all stages of life, at all times of our day, but water plays an important role when you are pregnant. The benefits of water during pregnancy, both for the woman and her baby, are incalculable, Aguavida name you some:
– Water purifies the maternal blood of toxins
Thus, the bloodstream reaches the baby cleaner.
– Water purifies the body
Water helps the body to get rid of unnecessary amounts of sodium, thus avoiding all kinds of infection in the urinary tract of women.
– Water hydrates the body as we know
Drinking water during pregnancy is important for the woman’s body to fight dehydration, a severe complication that can affect the correct development of the fetus’ brain. In addition, drinking 2 liters of water a day is very beneficial to avoid fluid retention typical of the gestational period.
– Water protects the health of the baby
The water renews, nourishes, and hydrates the fluid in the amniotic sac every hour.
– Water prevents hypertension
And so it is important to combat the development of cardiovascular diseases during pregnancy.
– Water improves the condition of the woman’s skin
The water makes the skin of the pregnant woman much healthier, hydrated and clean.
– Water prevents digestive problems
Water prevents problems like constipation and hemorrhoids in pregnancy.
– Water relieves discomfort
Intake of liquids combats discomforts such as morning sickness and heartburn
– Water can prevent premature labor
Drinking water during the third trimester of pregnancy can prevent premature labor.
-It is highly recommended to drink alkaline water:
Many pregnant women also find that drinking Aguavida Premium alkaline water (water with a higher pH level) allows them to drink water without problems. There are also many other benefits of alkaline water that have been shown in studies, such as:
- A lower risk of pre-eclampsia
- Stabilize blood pressure
- Reduce water retention and bloating
3 ways to increase your daily water intake:
• Drink a glass of water as soon as you get out of bed. Instead of coffee or tea, a good alternative is to drink water with a few drops of lemon, which cleanse the lymphatic system.
• Try not to deprive your body of water. If you ever feel thirsty, it is a sign of dehydration, as long as you can substitute any drink for you, feel free to do so.
• Try to avoid drinks that are too cold and drinks with caffeine, as they dehydrate the stomach.
Tips for drinking water:
- If you want, you can replace some of the shots with infusions, it is not bad, there are different infusions that are used to eliminate toxins and to fight against constipation.
- Setting goals is very good. You can make a schedule with the hours to drink water during the day, but if you work more sporadically, leave a reminder that reminds you, it can be to always leave the glass in sight.
- Before going to sleep, have a glass of water, it helps us wake up with healthy and well-hydrated skin.
If you are still having trouble staying hydrated, closely monitor how you feel and go to the hospital if you feel dehydrated. Signs of dehydration include:
- Changes in your baby’s movement
- Leaking liquid
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 12 hours
- Not sweating
- Producing little urine